Sunday, August 14, 2011

Missing

This past week has been a bit of a rough one.  We are VERY ready to be out of this temporary housing.  Other than the pool (which is nice, but not so easy with a 4 year old and 6 month old) there is no outdoor space.  The kitchen has hardly any pots/kitchen tools so cooking even simple things is a challenge.  None of our stuff is here - we each have a suitcase and a few toys and that is it.  The tv stinks.  Ok, complaining over on our place.  In reality it is a decent two bedroom place, we just need our things back and some room to go outside and play.  In just over two weeks we will be in our new house with all our things and I CAN'T WAIT.

Mostly what I missed this week were my friends. I missed having a full schedule of activities at places I know. I missed knowing all the people when I got to the playground and having easy conversation rather than having to introduce myself to everybody and make sure I stood out and talked to everybody.  I missed Cale having all his friends. I missed having someone happy to hold Oliver without even asking. It was hard last night knowing they were all together having a fun day and I wasn't there.

I know it will get easier as I have a moms group that seems like a good fit and I am making friends, but for right now it is still hard and I have days or weeks that are harder than others.

Here's to a better week - I already have activities planned Monday through Thursday so that should make things quite a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment